WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

He's also a former 8 FTS student at Vance....I remember him. Washed out pre-solo. Actually made the news up there when he and another student found some cash downtown. They turned it into the cops. it ended up belonging to a church. Big news that week in sleepy Enid.

Here's the original story from the ENE

http://enidnews.com/localnews/x964898713/ENE-Archives-Vance-students-turn-in-lost-church-money

He's also a former 8 FTS student at Vance....I remember him. Washed out pre-solo. Actually made the news up there when he and another student found some cash downtown. They turned it into the cops. it ended up belonging to a church. Big news that week in sleepy Enid.

This can't be true. I just heard someone on Fox news say he was an aviation expert.

“Would you have confidence in the airworthiness of a commercial airliner if you saw peeling paint or torn seats or unfastened rivets? … In the same respect, the American public, inspector general or any other airman might wonder how a base is addressing large issues when they observe an apparent disregard for ‘small’ things,” Bergdolt wrote.

Yep, walking around with your hands in your pockets is totally akin the to airworthiness of an airplane. You just can't make this stuff up.

• Upvote 2

"...the base earned very low marks for standards during its 2011 unit compliance inspection, focusing on examples such as rolled-up sleeves, hands in pockets and walking while using a cellphone 'showed an apparent lack of regard for Air Force standards'"

Ahhh, 2011... the good old days when we could afford to worry about sleeves and pockets.

The sad thing about that is nobody will call you out personally. They just see the violations and command by email to the respective schools to have them try and fix the infractions. Come on people just man up and call the person out directly not by email.

Or just assume their hands are cold and they forgot gloves that day.

• Upvote 2

OK, so just to make sure I have this straight. A CIVILIAN (Jeff Bergdolt) who works in the Maxwell PLANS shop wanted to have photographs taken of officers that he thinks are not abiding by a regulation and have the base populace write commentary on that officer. I don't see how this could possibly go wrong.

Here's the text of Bergdolt's column.

Commentary by Jeff Bergdolt

42nd Air Base Wing Plans Office

2/1/2013 - MAXWELL AIR FORCE BASE, Ala. -- Gen. George Patton may have said it best: "It is absurd to believe that Soldiers who cannot be made to wear the proper uniform can be induced to move forward in battle. (Those) who fail to perform their duty by correcting small violations and in enforcing proper conduct are incapable of leading."

While this was before the conception of the U.S. Air Force, the theme rings true. In 2011, Team Maxwell-Gunter earned very low marks for standards during the inspection.

Simple things like not wearing the entire uniform, "rolling sleeves" on flight suits, hands in one's pockets, walking while using a cell phone, improper sideburns and frosted hair showed an apparent lack of regard for Air Force standards.

Are these standards all that important? The obvious answer is "yes!" They are required by Air Force instruction and other authoritative guidance. More importantly, they speak to the honor and hard-fought identify of those who serve in this Air Force.

Disregarding them shows a lack of attention to detail and a lack of respect to our service. It shows disregard to our core values.

A great perspective was given to us by Booker T. Washington: "Success in life is founded upon attention to the small things rather than to the large things."

Would you have confidence in the airworthiness of a commercial airliner if you saw peeling paint or torn seats or unfastened rivets? While the aircraft may actually be airworthy, the apparent lack of concern for such things might lead one to become concerned about how the large things are being maintained. Was the engine checked properly? Were the flight controls tested properly? Does this airline take shortcuts in other ways?

In the same respect, the American public, inspector general or any other Airman might wonder how a base is addressing large issues when they observe an apparent disregard for "small" things.

Leadership is about responsibility. Let's all step up and pay more attention to the details and make sure we are operating within standards.

In the coming months, photographs will be staged to show examples of violations seen around the installation. We hope you take the time to review the pictures and also take the time to correct violations when you see them, in person, not just in photographs.

On a side note, I've always associated the wing plans shop with combat or at least operational mission planning. I guess I'm a little confused what Maxwell's operational or combat mission is. Uniform enforcement?

Edited by HU&W

Or just assume their hands are cold and they forgot gloves that day.

I see it has been a while since you drank the coolaid, you are lucky we are experiencing budget cuts, saying something like that could get you sent to the shoeclerk reeducation facility (aka Maxwell)

The sad thing about that is nobody will call you out personally. They just see the violations and command by email to the respective schools to have them try and fix the infractions. Come on people just man up and call the person out directly not by email.

I knew things were going to shit when we started getting "Virtual Commander's Calls" via e-mail. Yes, leadership through e-mail...that is the wave of the future. That way, all the people with zero personality we promoted and put in command can continue to lead manage without ever having to talk to anyone.

I've always thought that forbidding people from using the hand warmer pockets to...keep their hands warm...was rather stupid.

If you want people to respect the rules, start by making sure the rules have at least a somewhat remote relationship with logic.

What idiot thinks that publishing minor uniform violations in the base newspaper is good leadership? If you see a problem, fix it. Don't pull out your iPhone so you can whine to an organization that has neither the responsibility or authority to do anything about it.

...and I join with all those flyers who rolled their eyes with the MX comparison. Chipped paint? OH GOD! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!

Edited by raimius

8. Superheroes never put their hands in their pockets or wear black socks while in their PT uniform.

9. Superheroes are not superheroes because they are experts at their job. They are superheroes because they are able to do PME, be a volunteer for Habit for Humanity, and finish a graduate degree online while doing average at their job.

The Air Force must be the Justice League

The Air Force must be the Justice League

This article being from LRAFB, where the deployment fairy always pays you a visit 'cause all your other bros are non-deployable due to some obscure medical condition, he must be referring to this superhero...

him2082.gif

Or since we're embracing the :rainbow: culture, maybe its these guys....

ambiguously-gay-duo.jpg

Edited by The Texan

Apparently we are superheros now too...another great article by a chief about Airmen, superheros, GTCs and uniforms.

http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123335748

This guy is a joke. Most of the reservists I work with openly laugh at the crap he sends out, the others have set up auto-delete rules for Outlook.