The Jill Metzger thread

Guest Kawen

Sounds like a kidnapped bride to me!

A U.S. Air Force major who was missing for days in Kyrgyzstan said she had been kidnapped, a top Kyrgyz police official said Saturday.

Maj. Jill Metzger, who went mssing Tuesday, knocked on the door of a house in a town outside the capital early Saturday morning and told residents she had been abducted, Deputy Interior Minister Omurbek Suvanaliyev told The Associated Press.

Metzger said that she had been seized by three young men and a woman in a minibus and held in a rural area 30 miles from the Central Asian nation's capital, Suvanaliyev said.

I have the feeling this will turn into a soap opera once all the facts are known. Shaved head? I don't know of any Kyrgyz cultural ritual where a woman's head is shaved, unless she was being punished for being a "modern Western woman." Something smells fishy here, and it isn't the fish!

Cheers! M2

Guest Rainman A-10
Originally posted by Mambo:

You'll just have to wait for the made-for-TV movie...

What goes TDY stays TDY.

Maybe she's just following the basic rules:

Act surprised

Deny, Deny, Deny

Make up a story and stick to it

Counter accuse

Demand an apology

I say give her a break if she was out pushing it up for a couple days.

She was involved in combat ops at Manas. Combat is stressfull. Maybe she just needed to raise her white count.

I'm thinking she was at least two TACANs away from home.

I'm glad she's OK too. I am bracing myself for the service-wide embarrassment that is coming (never mind how the host nation reacts). I really hope I'm wrong and the ending is just what it is. However, this has to be the flakiest story since the bus full of Hispanics grabbed the google-eyed bride on their way to New Mexico.

Guest Rainman A-10

“Jill is the consummate happy-go-lucky person,” her father-in-law said. “She doesn’t see any kind of evil in the world. She’s a wonderful, innocent person, and she would never think anyone would try and harm her.”

She's in the military, right? She's deployed to a foreign country to support the WAR ON TERROR, right?

And she doesn't see any kind of evil in the world?

WTFO?

I must admit, I am most curious about the dyed hands part of the story...

Actually, it is her mental state that concerned me.

Metzger said that while she was shopping at a department store in Bishkek, someone placed an object in her back pocket with a note saying it was a bomb and telling her to go to an address in Bishkek.

Metzger went to the address 'as if she were in a trance.'"

"(Metzger) reportedly does not speak any of the major local languages, Kyrgyz, Russian or Uzbek. And investigators said they determined that she appeared to have left the store of her own volition."

"Kyrgyz officials, speaking to reporters on condition of anonymity, said they found her story baffling."

They're not the only ones! And notice how fast the USAF got her out of country? My gut feeling is that there is something odd going on here, the first thing I would do is send her over for a piss test! They like the ganga in Kyrgystan...

Ganga.jpg

Cheers! M2

Guest Rainman A-10

OK, so if someone puts something in my pocket with a note that says it is a bomb I walk outside and toss it into the nearest dumpster and tell everyone to get back.

Seriously, how hard is that?

Today's news...looks like we're not the only ones being fed a BS line...

Cheers! M2

Kyrgyz police official says Metzger's testimony in disappearance confused

The Associated Press

Published: September 11, 2006

BISHKEK, Kyrgyzstan A Kyrgyz police official said Monday that a U.S. servicewoman who reappeared in mysterious circumstances after going missing for three days gave confused accounts of her absence and refused further statements after consulting with the U.S. Embassy.

Air Force Maj. Jill Metzger, who had been stationed at the U.S. base outside the Kyrgyz capital, Bishkek, disappeared last Tuesday while taking part in a military shopping excursion in the city. She resurfaced Friday night when she knocked on the door of a house in Kant, about 25 kilometers (15 miles) outside Bishkek, and claimed she had been kidnapped.

Metzger was flown out of Kyrgyzstan within a few hours of her reappearance and on Sunday was admitted to a U.S. military hospital in Landstuhl, Germany. There was no immediate word on what she was being treated for or how long she would remain hospitalized; officials had previously said she did not appear to have suffered serious injury during her disappearance.

Kyrgyz authorities have said her swift departure from the country could impede the investigation, because they wanted to question her further to clarify her account. According to investigators, Metzger said an object with a note saying it was a bomb was placed in her pocket in a Bishkek department store and that she was kidnapped after following the note's instructions on where to go.

"It seemed to me that her testimony was little believable; she was confused in her evidence," Batmirza Dzhailobayev, head of the Kant police department, told The Associated Press on Monday.

"After she spoke with somebody from the embassy, she categorically refused to give testimony. Then people from the U.S. Embassy took her away," he said.

Dzhailobayev noted that although Metzger had told police that her abductors had stolen her necklace, she was still wearing an expensive-appearing wedding ring.

Also Monday, a resident of the house where Metzger appeared said that the 33-year-old major was clearly in distress.

"Our first impression was that the woman was severely drunk ... (but) there was no smell of alcohol and we then understood that she was in shock," Svetlana Ivashenko told The AP. She said that Metzger was dressed in clothes that appeared to be several sizes too large for her.

Ivashenko said Metzger was speaking only in English, which neither she nor her husband understand, so they awoke their daughter to try to help understand.

"Who had seized her, why and were they had held her all this time, she couldn't clarify," Ivashenko said. "As she told all this, she didn't weep — she just sobbed and held her head."

Ivashenko said there was blood on Metzger's feet and that she said she had walked a considerable distance. She also said the right side of Metzger's face appeared to be badly bruised, although Dzhailobayev said "it was my impression that there were no bruises on her face."

Guest Rainman A-10

I hope she really wasn't fvcked with. That would be uncool.

Hopefully she's not a victim.

It is unlikely SAF/PA can remain silent for too long if the media decides this dog will hunt.

Two, I hope she wasn't fvck'd with either; but if she was, we should know about it and go after those MF'ers will full vengence. Problem is, we won't...

All said, I still think there is a large part of this story we're not hearing...

Cheers! M2

Guest Rainman A-10

I hope her bloody feet heal up in time for the race...

You think she will get away with not talking about what happened when she shows up in public to run in this marathon?

I would suggest she quarterplane this story to preserve 3/9 ASAFP if she wants any hope of ever living a normal life after this.

Originally posted by FallingOsh:

I question how she allowed someone enough time to shove a sizable object into her jeans and then followed their directions "as if in a trance."

Not to mention how she easily found the address she was supposed to go to in a foreign land.

HD

The latest...

Major Jill Metzger safely returns to Moody

September 14, 2006

Valdosta - A major development tonight in the mysterious disappearance, then re-emergance of an Air Force Major based in South Georgia.

Jill Metzger safely returned home to Moody Air Force Base in Valdosta. The homecoming comes a week and a half after Major Metzger disappeared while souvenir shopping in Kyrgyzstan.

She was found three days later and claimed she had been kidnapped by four people in the country north of Afghanistan. Metzger's family greeted her when she got off an Air Force plane at Moody tonight around six o'clock.

The Air Force hopes to release an official report about what happened to Metzger soon. "Clearly there are a lot of questions about the investigation side of this. Those will be answered in good time. (Don't hold your breath on this one! :rolleyes: ) But tonight, we just want to emphasize we're very happy she's home. All of us here at Moody and all of us in the Air Force are happy she's back, ( )" said Col. Kenn Todorov, Vice Commander of the 347th Rescue Wing.

Major Metzger spent the last few days undergoing medical evaluations and debriefings at a US air base in Germany.

She was just a couple of days away from wrapping up a 4-month deployment to Kyrgyzstan when she disappeared.

Notice how secretive they are about Ramstein? ("Major Metzger spent the last few days undergoing medical evaluations and debriefings at a US air base in Germany."). WTF? The largest contingent of Americans outside of the 50 states and they can't even name the base in a press release?

Can't wait to read the "offial report!" :rolleyes:

Cheers! M2

"We are elated that Jill is home and we have a team in place to help get her through the final phases of the reintegration process," said Col. Kenn Todorov, 347th Rescue Wing vice commander, during a brief statement after Maj. Metzger's arrival here. "Her health and well being are our primary concern right now as we help on her path to full recovery."
Reintegration process?!? WTF! She was gone for, what, 20 hours? I've had drinking binges that lasted WAAYYYYYYY longer than her "abduction". Stop the madness.