Forums

1. Preflight

1. AFTO-781

New features / developments of the forums and Baseops.Net website will be posted here. Please post any problems you have, glitches, etc. Please click on HELP (upper right) for more info... Please do not PM your trouble calls.

Users post articles related to: Aviation Industry, DoD, National Security to foster serious discussion. Value-added posts ONLY, others will be deleted.

This forum is designed for the purchase and sale of items for and by MILITARY members.

4. Useful Product Reviews & Military Discounts

This is a sub-forum where you can post product/service reviews. Please do your best to add any military specific information. For instance, if I'm reviewing Disney World, I might post a link to the Shades of Green website.

1. Squadron Bar

Off-topic discussion. Keep it civil, don't abuse this forum.

Discuss general topics in the Military and Aviation. Please post pilot-selection & "how do I get a pilot slot" questions in their appropriate forums.

Aviation Medicine discussion forum. Ask the Flight Doc your questions: waivers, flight physicals, qualifications, regulations.

4. Air National Guard / Air Force Reserves

ANG & AFRES discussion area. Bums can search for flying opportunities with other units.

This forum is dedicated to help all military spouses. Post any questions, ideas, concerns here.

1. What Are My Chances?

Looking for a pilot slot? Post your "what are my chances?" questions here: AFOQT, BAT, PCSM, ANG and AFRES Slots, *waivers* + more - please include your test scores, GPA, etc...

Questions about Pilot selection? Undergraduate Pilot Training - How to prepare, how to get a pilot slot. Please post your questions about your specific scores in the "what are my chances" forum.

ROTC & OTS discussion area. Post topics about ROTC/OTS classes, field training, detachments, etc.

A new forum designed for all of your questions! Have a stupid question? Get answers here. Also, NO PENALTY for asking something that's been asked in other threads. If you're a grey-beard, please try to help out by posting a synopsis version of the answer and a link to the thread you remember from 7 years ago.

1. Air Liaison Officer (ALO)

ALO career field information. Post information, questions, gouge; value-added posts ONLY, others will be deleted.

CSO career field information. Post information, questions, gouge; value-added posts ONLY, others will be deleted.

3. Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA/RPV/UAS/UAV)

RPA career field information (also known as Remotely Piloted Vehicle, Unmanned Aerial System, Unmanned Aerial Vehicle). Post information, questions, gouge; value-added posts ONLY, others will be deleted.

• If it weren't for the US, wouldn't Russia win? Virtually all of our leadership has been saying this. There's countless examples of Ukrainian corruption. It's been over two years. I've lost count of the funding, but I think we're closing in on $200 Billion, yet the front lines haven't moved much at all. What are we going to get for another $200 Billion? Who exactly is bleeding whom dry? It's not apparent. I don't want to believe that maybe we're the ones being played, but I have to wonder. Just a mention of the players involved elicits an overwhelming bias. If we were somehow able to examine this exact same battlefield scenario while replacing the names of the states involved with Moravia, Tiberistan, etc.. I think many people would feel differently. One of us may post a vid of a Russian plane crash, and another responds with Ukr tank on fire. No one knows what's going on. It's all third hand information. The only thing that can be known is that the war is still raging.. when it shouldn't be. If winning this war was as important as they'd like you to believe - it'd have already been over. As I've said before: there's no money in the cure. I'd think by now people would understand the playbook. It's just routine now. 1. Find a crisis and exacerbate it. If one doesn't exist, create it. 2. Full-court press on the propaganda front to appeal to public fear and garner support. 3. Transfer hundreds of billions of dollars from the public sector to the private sector. It's like taking candy from a baby and everyone's falling for it. Every. Single. Time. Let's just admit we're completely lost in apathy and gullibility.
    • I could get on board with that, if we can go back to the 1800s where it was pretty easy to simply execute violent criminals, whether through official or unofficial means. But we’re not in the 1800s, so if you get out of prison after violently raping a woman (or man if you’re BQZip’s mom), conducting armed robbery/assault, carjacking, etc. then fuck you, you gave up your right when you acted like a total POS who would have simply been put down in days bygone.    Above answer is directly related to background checks. I only support them to verify you are in fact not a felon.
    • Leonard Cohen was more of a poet than a singer but when he did grace the stage the results were outstanding. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Taiwanese U-2 pilot Johnny Shen died last Thursday, age 92   He was a U-2 pilot with The Black Cat Squadron on Taiwan from 1968 to 1973.   He was admitted to the CAF Academy in January 1952, then trained in the PT-17 and the T-6. After his graduation in December 1955, he was assigned to the 4th Tactical Fighter Group in Chiayi.  He was first sent to Tainan to be trained on the T-33, then returning to Chiayi to fly the F-84 in 1956.  Later he converted to the F-100. He left the 35th Sq in 1973 and became the vice military attache in Vietnam.  After the loss of Vietnam, he returned to Taiwan to served on several desk jobs.  He retired from the CAF as a Colonel in 1977 and joined China Airlines, where he flew the Boeing 707, 727, 767, and 747, and Airbus A-300.  He transferred to EVA Airlines in 1992.  Then he returned served in Taiwan's Civil Aviation Administration until 1998.  After retirement, he emigrated to Canada and lived in Vancouver. These guys flew some really risky missions.  Him him...  
    • Bashi is getting a bit close. Continuously proclaiming the inevitability of Russian victory and arguing that Ukrainian corruption sets them up as an unworthy ally. Especially when there are plenty of examples of much bigger countries being defeated/repelled by well-funded underdogs. But he's also just a troll   But yeah, the character attacks as Russian shills is getting old.
  • Topics